- Published Date:
- Categories: Campus Operations, Campus and Public Safety
Howard University will be closed on Monday, May 30, 2022, in observance of Memorial Day. The campus will resume regular hours of operation on Tuesday, May 31.
Unless designated as essential personnel, employees should not travel to Howard University to work.
All buildings will be secured and locked. Essential personnel needing access to campus buildings must check in with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) at 202-806-1100.
- DPS will provide continuous safety and security coverage and building access to essential employees during the federal holiday.
- Physical Facilities Management will continue to respond to urgent situations and emergencies.
- Enterprise Technology Services Help Desk support will be available, and personnel will be on standby for emergency IT-related issues.
- Howard University Hospital will remain open.
- The Faculty Practice Plan will be closed on Monday, May 30, and service will resume on Tuesday, May 31.
- Mail services will be suspended for the holiday and will resume operations on Tuesday, May 31.
- The Herd shuttle service will be suspended on May 30th and resume normal operations on Tuesday, May 31.
- Bethune Dining Hall and the Bethune C- Store will operate as normal from 10AM – 6PM on May 30.
- Bison Brew & Jazzman’s will be closed on May 30th and resume normal operations on Tuesday, May 31.
- The bookstore will close for the holiday and will reopen and resume operations on Tuesday, May 31.
- WHUR-FM and WHUT-TV will continue their regular programming schedules.
All other requests for staff to work on Memorial Day are to be restricted to critical and time-sensitive activities in accordance with Howard University’s policies and federal guidelines. Individuals who report to campus must complete a COVID-19 self-assessment via the Bison Safe app before entering the campus grounds and facilities. Please remember to wear a face mask and practice social distancing.