- Published Date:
- Categories: Campus Operations, Student Resources
- Supporting Unit: Auxiliary Enterprises, Office of the COO
Dear Bison Community,
We are excited to welcome all of our new and returning Bison to the campus for the start of the 2023-24 academic year. This year will be one of the most unique in the history of the University; many of you will join our community with our new president Dr. Ben Vinson III. Many of our returning students are part of cohorts that yielded some of our highest numbers of applications, are leading record numbers in retention and graduation rates, and are continuing a proud legacy of achievement, leadership, and advocacy both on campus and in communities around the world.
Our job is to support this level of enthusiasm and success from matriculation to graduation, and we look forward to seeing you at several of our back-to-school executions beginning next week during Bison Move-In. Activities include:
Enrollment Management Solution Hub – Enrollment Management brings our core student support services to the heart of campus beginning on August 7. From 9-4:30 daily, the following offices will provide in-person assistance for all of your academic and enrollment needs.
- Office of the Bursar
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Financial Aid
- Office of Student Health
- Office of Admissions
- Office of Academic Advising
- Office of Enterprise Technology Services
Welcome Reception for Bison Families – All new Bison and their families are cordially invited to an exclusive, FREE reception. RSVP for this event in your admission portal today to get the details on the location, which will be hosted from 11:30-2:30 pm on your move-in date. Registration is REQUIRED so that we may have an official headcount for you and your family members.
Obtaining your Bison One Card
If you haven’t done so already, please scan the below QR code to submit your picture for your Bison One Card. Please make sure you submit your picture by Sunday, August 6th at 12:00 pm Eastern time.
- Please visit www.howard.edu/BisonOneCard
- Click Bison One Card Requests (yellow button).
- Fill out and submit the form.
- You must submit a recent photo (30 days or less).
- All photos must be full color on a white or blue background,
- Full face from top of the head to the bottom of the chin.
- Eyes must be open and visible, and looking directly into the camera.
- Please make sure you are NOT using filters, face masks, sunglasses, hats, or anything obstructing your face.
- Religious headwear is permitted.
- The form will ask you to provide a photo of a gov’t issued ID to verify your identity.
Retrieve your Bison One Card from your dorm on your move-in day.
- You must show a valid US gov't issued ID or a valid passport to verify your identity.
Howard will be a life-changing experience that will drive your professional and personal development, but we know that it all begins with strong support with logistics and acclimating to the campus. All of us are here and happy to help. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you next week!